Explore, Play, and Grow
Summer Camps at Our PlayHouse encourage hands-on learning as children explore their interests in our indoor and outdoor classrooms. As children talk, hypothesize and problem solve with their peers, they gain a richer understanding of each topic. Topics include a curriculum based on daily sensory, art, building and movement activities, along with plenty of outdoor play!
Each 2-week session of camp will focus on students’ interests within the topics of gardening, outdoor explorations, tinkering and art. During the sessions, teachers will work to provide materials and provocations to allow children to explore each topic in greater depth.
Summer camps are for children age 2-6, with morning (8:30am-12:30 pm) and extended day (3:00pm) options. Flexible 2, 3, and 5 day schedules are available, depending on age. Incoming younger 2-year-olds must be registered for our fall program to attend summer camp.
2018 Summer Camp Registration
To register for summer camp, please complete the Durham Summer Camp Registration Form. After completing the online registration, families will receive an email confirmation and an invoice for total cost. Applications received in December and early January will be confirmed after winter break.Apply for Durham Summer Camp
2018 Durham Summer Camps
Week 1: June 11 – June 15
Week 2: June 18 – June 22
Children will learn how a seed transforms into a snack, getting their hands dirty in the process. Our days will include harvesting snacks, searching for bugs, exploring outdoors, and making art from nature. This camp is teeming with gardening and goodies and is sure to be loads of fun!
The Enchanted Forest
Week 1: June 25 – June 29
Week 2: July 9 – July 13
In this nature-focused camp children will turn over logs to discover hidden creatures beneath them, spy on songbirds amongst the trees and imagine the forest through the eyes of a squirrel. We’ll seek out the magic amongst the trees as we search for gnomes and build houses for fairies in this camp for kids with big imaginations.
Week 1: July 16 – July 20
Week 2: July 23 – July 27
Build, take apart, revision and recreate—is the theme for this camp for hands-on challenges. This camp will allow children to dabble in physics and monkey around with architecture as they find new ways to mess about with a variety of materials.
Big Messy Art
Week 1: July 30 – August 3
Week 2: August 6– August 10
Children will look at the world through an artist’s eyes as they take on projects where making a mess is paramount. Better wear some old clothes to this camp because the name is no joke. Kids will create, laugh, and be silly in this wildly colorful camp.
- Discount Deadline March 15th: A 10% discount will be given to families who register and pay by March 15th.
- No refunds will be issued after May 31. Prior to May 31, you will receive a refund minus a $50 processing fee per week.
- Pending availability you may add to your schedule at any time.
- We cannot reserve your child’s space until full payment has been received.
- Summer Camp handbooks will be emailed prior to the start of camp.
- One week camp options are available to children who are signing up for the full 5 days. Families who desire a two or three day a week option must sign up for a minimum of two consecutive weeks.
- A one time $25 dollar enrollment fee will be charged to summer only families not currently enrolled at OPH.